Your neighborhood heating oil provider
As a leading local provider of home comfort services in Connecticut’s Litchfield and Hartford Counties, Valley Energy is very aware of rising energy prices and the burden that they can place on our customers. At the same time, we know that not all of our customers are willing or able to upgrade, renovate or convert their home heating systems to work with newer energy options.
Whether you’re considering upgrading your furnace, adding a new alternative energy system or simply looking to stock up on fuel for the winter, Valley Energy’s experienced consultants and home energy audits can fill your tank and help you find the best combination of energy products and services. Most importantly, we can help you conserve energy and keep your monthly costs low.
Why choose Valley Energy for your heating oil needs?
Here are a few ways that Valley Energy can help you determine how heating oil can fit into your overall home energy plan — now and in the future.
- Competitive prices – Valley Energy offers premium heating oil at competitive prices.
- Delivery options – We offer both automatic and will-call delivery for both oil and propane.
- Local service and support – We offer equipment maintenance plans, new installations, price protection plans and payment options.
- Emergency coverage – We protect our customers with 24-hour emergency coverage, 365 days a year with our own certified service technicians.
- UltraGuard™ – We treat our oil with UltraGuard, the most advanced additive available for heating oil, to protect your equipment and keep it clean. Your tank lasts longer, and your heating system performs more reliably.
Home heating oil advantages
Many of our customers will continue to rely on home heating oil, propane and natural gas as a major component of their home heating systems. Here are a few reasons why home heating oil may be a better choice for your home than natural gas or other options.
- Heating oil is economical and efficient. Oil heat systems are more efficient than gas, propane, wood or electricity. Heating oil generates a hotter flame than natural gas, so it heats your home and your hot water in less time. This means lower home heating bills every month.
- Heating oil is safe. Unlike natural gas, which is highly explosive, heating oil is difficult to accidentally light on fire. If you were to drop a lit match in a bucket of heating oil, the flame would go out.
- Heating oil burns cleanly. If you notice soot or a smell, it’s almost always due to poorly maintained equipment. Also, heating oil furnaces pose little or no threat of carbon monoxide poisoning: Equipment in poor enough condition to produce carbon monoxide generally won’t operate.
- Heating oil offers dependable supply. As with every petroleum product, heating oil prices go up and down depending on the cost of crude oil and other issues. However, since there are dozens of oil-producing countries, the United States doesn’t depend on any one region or foreign country for our supply. In fact, more than 40% of our crude oil comes from the United States. In addition, the world’s total proven reserves of crude oil are about 10% higher than they were in 1980.
- Heating oil furnace systems last longer. With proper attention and our UltraGuard-treated heating oil, home heating oil systems typically last 30 years or more, compared to 15 for the average gas furnace
- Environmental advantages of heating oil. In terms of overall emissions, heating oil is cleaner than natural gas and getting even “greener” every year through modern improvements.
- Heating oil is versatile. Today’s home heating oil systems can heat with water, steam, warm air, or “hydro-air”, which uses water and warm air. Home heating oil systems can provide both heating and cooling. They can also be fitted with air-cleaning equipment and humidifiers.
Request heating oil delivery
To request heating oil or propane delivery in Connecticut or for more information, please contact us today. Our knowledgeable and experienced customer care and service staff will be happy to set up your service and answer all your questions. With our history of uninterrupted service and local customer service and support, Valley Energy can ensure that you’ll never run out of home heating oil.